In this episode we go through the collapse of the Arab Christian tribes, the schism between Antioch and Alexandria, and the three brother rebellion
- The Rise of the Monophysite Movement. W.H.C Frend
- The Early Coptic Papacy. Steven J. Davis
- The Story of the Church of Egypt. E.L. Butcher
- The History of the Patriarchs. in English, translation of 13th century “Vulgate” version by B. Evetts . Available at: http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/severus_hermopolis_hist_alex_patr_01_part1.htm#FIRST_PREFACE
- The Coptic Encyclopedia. Edited by Aziz A. Atiya. Available at: http://ccdl.libraries.claremont.edu/cdm/landingpage/collection/cce
- The Chronicles of John, Bishop of Nikiu. John of Nikiu. Translated by R. H. Charles. Available at: http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/nikiu1_intro.htm
- Ecclesiastical Histories of John, bishop of Ephesus. Translated by R.P. Smith. Available at: http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/ephesus_0_toc.htm
- Byzantium in the Seventh Century: The transformation of a Culture. J.F. Haldon.
- Byzantium and the Early Islamic Conquests. W.E Kaegi
- The Arab Conquest of Egypt. A.J. Butler.
- The Chronicle of Michael the Great, Patriarch of the Syrians. Translated by Robert Bedrosian.
Music credit: Lullaby of Democracy. Doctor Turtle